Published 19. 01. 2023.
Media coverage of WIOCC funding announcement and OADC launch releases
The launch of Open Access Data Centres and the associated funding announcement by WIOCC were reported widely by a broad cross-section of national and international media titles.
To read a particular piece of coverage, click on the story headline below and this will open up the appropriate page on the media outlet website where the story was originally published.
- Capacity – WIOCC raises $200 million to expand network connectivity and WIOCC’s data centre co to host Equiano and 2Africa landings
- Developing Telecoms – WIOCC raises $200m to expand African connectivity
- ITWeb – WIOCC raises US$200m to expand connectivity and datacentre rollout
- MyBroadband – Major undersea cable operator raises R3.2 billion — will fund data centre in Durban
- SubTel Forum – WIOCC Completes USD 200 Million Debt & Equity Capital Raise Open Access Data Centres in Africa
- TechCentral – WIOCC raises R3.2-billion as it pursues Africa data centre opportunity
- Telecompaper – WIOCC raises USD 200 million for new data centre arm, connectivity expansion and OADC to invest USD 500 mln in African data centres
- Telecom Review – 2Africa, Equiano subsea cable landing stations to be hosted in new data centers
- Total Telecom – WIOCC secures $200 million of debt and equity capital to fund expansion strategy
- DataCentre magazine – WIOCC raises US$200mn for Africa hyperscale expansion and OADC announces US$500mn investment in Africa data centres
- Data Center Dynamics – Subsea cable firm WIOCC raises $200 million for new pan-African data center company
- Data Centre & Network News – Transforming provisions across Africa